Saturday, August 4, 2007

Fence!!! part deux

Today we finished the work on last week's fence, and stained it. Painting a fence with stain is not like painting a big wall, as I had hoped it would be. There are all these extra boards and posts to paint around on the back of the fence, and the boards on the front of the fence aren't really straight so the roller doesn't touch the whole surface. And in our case, there are trees.


The thing that is similar to painting walls is I manage to make a huge mess of myself. Except with stain it looks less like I'm dirty and more like I have some kind of horrible skin disease...


The good news is that while painting a fence takes longer than painting a wall, it isn't really more difficult and after a few hours in the sun our fence looks frigging awesome. And sealed! Bring on the rain. :)


You can see the difference here:


No comments:

Post a Comment