Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trip to NYS

Last week Chad went to a conference, so I packed up both kids and took them to visit the grandparents in New York. That's right - we survived two 6 hour drives with two kids, one parent, and no DVD player. I am available to receive my parenting award at any time.

We had a great visit. Noah became an expert at using binoculars

(and by expert, I mean he can almost say "binoculars" and he knows how to hold them up to his eyes and put the strap around his neck. I remain unconvinced he can actually see anything through them).

We tried to have a walk to the falls one last time before Mom and Sue move away, but we were thwarted by the rain.


And by the fact that toddlers are slow walkers and easily distracted.


Luckily, also cute.

One of the perks of visiting the grandparents is that I can get up early with Eva and then hand her off and go back to sleep, knowing she will be enjoying some enriching interaction with her grandparents.


Eh, whatever. At least I can go back to sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment