Sunday, July 24, 2011

Six months!

Eva turned six months old on Friday. I am still recovering from the shock.

I know, I can't believe it either.

She is an amazing six-month old. I can't believe I haven't kept you better updated on her activities, but in my defense she learns something new about every other day, so it's hard to keep up.

She is LOVING solid foods. We were feeing her purees, but she hoovered up as much as we would feed her, which I think was a bit too much based on how it disagreed with her. So we switched to a diet of finger-food only, which is going much better. She is great at feeding herself, and is doing a good job of regulating how much solid food vs. breastmilk she should be consuming. Also, I am delighted that I don't have to fight with her over the spoon anymore.

See mom! We both wanted the same thing, for me to feed myself! We both win!
Alternate caption: Look Grammy! I love tofu too!!

She does love tofu. Also, green beans, carrots, beets, pears, avocado, lentil squares, multi-grain toast, eggs, tahini, watermelon, hamburger, chicken, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and almost everything else we've fed her so far. She was not crazy about kiwi, and really not crazy about the prune juice jello I made her after reading the rave reviews on the baby food forum. Huh.

This self-feeding process is a TAD messy... For example, when someone suggests rolling slippery foods like avocado in wheat germ to make them easier to grip and add iron, you should be prepared to be picking wheat germ out of your six-month-old's hair for a while.

That's not a problem, is it?

Anyway, here we are. Six months. She is an expert sitter.

Look ma, no hands!

And if you put her down on all fours she can hold herself up.

Look Ma, Hands!

Unfortunately for all of us, she cannot yet push up onto all fours by herself. This is unfortunate only because she desperately wants to and practices when we all should be sleeping.

Her favorite activities include reaching for things and bringing things to her mouth. Also grabbing things and bringing her mouth to those things.

Hello, cow. We meet again.

She has two little perfect teeth, which are totally adorable and also deadly weapons.

Cheese!
No, seriously, I would like some cheese.

She is sweet and sunny and such a pleasant little person to be around. She loves her brother and wants to watch and touch and be around him at all times. I think she is turning out to be a bit like her dad, personality-wise, where she is clearly keyed in to everything that is going on, but reasonably laid-back and flexible about what we are doing. She is paying attention and picking up on things quickly but she doesn't need to vocalize every thought, unlike some other members of our family. Ahem.

(I meant Noah, of course. Why?)

She loves to look at books, sing songs, bounce, and ride in the stroller. Whenever I catch her eye she breaks into a giant toothy grin. Basically, she is totally winning at being a baby. Am I forgetting anything?

I am not sure you have adequately described how cute I am.

Because seriously.

I am really

really

really cute.
Also sweet and brilliant and the best baby ever.

I know, my darling Eva. We love you like crazy.


Let's celebrate Eva's first half-year with a week of posts about her. Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment