Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Hanukkah

We had a lovely first night of Hanukkah last night. Noah claimed his place as a full-fledged preschooler and made a salt dough menorah.



Impressive, no? I think he may be an artsy kid.

Also, a character. He was apparently too hot in his clothes, so he stripped down for menorah painting.





The kids loved lighting the menorahs



And then it was time for presents, and my favorite thing Noah did all week. I will try to convey:

Scene: mommy is going downstairs to get tonight's presents. Earlier in the day, Noah "helped" her wrap Daddy's present, a star wars DVD.

Mommy: is it time for presents?
Noah: yeah!! Daddy, can I watch that movie?
Daddy: huh?
M: shhh!
N: (starts to jump in place) daddy, can I watch that movie?
D: huh? What movie?
M: Shhhhh!!!! Noah, just wait!
N: ( jumping) Daddy, we got a movie for you!!!  Yeah!  Can I watch that movie!?!
D & M: hahaha

So far, the approach to three years old has been a real challenge.  So it's great when his energy and intense earnestness can be used for cuteness instead of thwarting my every plan.

Happy Hanukkah everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment