Monday, June 25, 2012

Father's day at the zoo

We took the kids to the zoo for father's day, and had a beautiful day for it.  We saw some butterflies, 


and a bunch of other animals I apparently did not photograph.  We also had a fun ride on the carousel


and we let the kids ride on the Jeep ride as well.  

Please notice the yellow hat in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT JEEP than Noah.

This was Eva's first time on a ride, and I assumed she would sit next to her big brother.  She insisted otherwise and squirmed and fussed until I put her in her own car.

 I got this, mom.

I think our favorite part of the day was visiting the animatronic dinosaur exhibit.  Noah is pretty into dinosaurs anyway, so he was psyched. 


Eva was more ambivalent.


And then we turned the corner, and found ourselves in front of an orange Edmontosaurus.  And then it spit all over me.

This was a big surprise.

Also highly entertaining for everyone around us.

Also it freaked Eva right the hell out.

We continued through the exhibit, and whenever we got to the front of a dinosaur she started squirming in my arms, saying "no!"  "no spit mommy!!"  

Sometimes she also waved her finger at the dinosaurs so they would know she meant business.

So overall, we had a great time, and I think the only lasting trauma is Eva may be afraid of spitting dinosaurs.  Hopefully this will not negatively impact her life going forward.

 don't look behind you... 





No comments:

Post a Comment