Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More evidence I am insane

So this morning Noah and I were hanging out at home and he put his toy snake into his crib, then tried to climb into the crib from the outside and when he realized he couldn't, started asking me for a ladder.

I have really been struggling with whether we should move him to a bed soon or not - he sleeps great in his crib so I don't want to mess with that, but I also don't want to buy another crib if he's going to move to a bed soon after the new baby comes. I was basically at a stalemate about what to do when we decided to buy the house, and that made my decision for me. I figured if we were going to be moving AND having a new baby, we should keep the rest of his life as consistent as possible and keep the crib.

And then this morning he asked me for a ladder.

So I thought, what the heck. And I converted his crib.


Clearly I am a glutton for punishment. This week is super crazy with my having to teach lab and Chad is going out of town and we have to get the details of the P&S sorted out for the house and etc etc etc. And now I am going to have to deal with a toddler getting out of bed and causing trouble and maybe not sleeping at all and what is WRONG WITH ME!?!?!

And then, it was naptime, and Noah was excited to sleep in his big boy bed ("big boy bed!" "Noah bed!") and I took a deep breath and we gave it a shot.

And that's him on the video monitor, totally passed out about 10 minutes after I put him down. He got out of bed once. ONCE.

This evening it took him a little over 20 minutes to go to sleep but he didn't get out of bed at all.

Could it be possible that some of the things I really stress about just aren't that big a deal?

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment