Monday, October 3, 2011

The gift of an ordinary day.

Inspired by this post, I decided to capture an ordinary day for us by setting a timer to take a picture roughly every hour on a totally regular day. I did chose a day when I didn't have to work, since pictures of my computer would be considerably less interesting. Eva is eight months old, Noah is two years eight months.

6am:
Eva's awake. And happy to see me. :)

6:30am:
Warming up to breakfast

7:30am:
We've sent daddy off to work, time for some climbing

8:30am:
Mommy begins negotiations with Noah about getting dressed.
There is a lot of whining involved.

9:30am:
Apparently mommy won that round.
We drove to Drumlin Farm and are finishing our nap/snack before unloading.

10:30am:
Noah and his friend Caroline are off and running.

11:30am:
Noah helps Caroline with the water fountain. Eva is asleep in the Ergo.

12:30:
Unfortunately, I left my phone in the car so you don't get to see the absolute madhouse that is lunchtime with two little kids. Instead, I present...

1:30pm:
Both kids are down for a nap. Mommy returns to the kitchen to tackle the mess.

2:30pm:
Mommy choses pilates over cleaning up the living room.

3:30pm:
Everyone's up again. Time for some milk.

4:30pm:
Ollie (from next door) comes over to help Noah with the garden.

5:30pm:
A bit of time for the bike before Daddy comes home

6:30pm
Dinner! All of the insanity of lunchtime, but with wine.

7:30pm:
Eva's had her bath and is headed to bed.

8:00pm:
Noah's had his bath and is flossing

9:15pm:
Kids are asleep. Kitchen is cleaned. Toys are corralled. Parents are beat. Project runway is on DVR. Also, apparently, living room picture is seriously askew.

Craziness. Jill proposes doing this four times over the course of the year, and I think that's a great idea. We'll see how different things are in a few months!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a productive day to me! I know what you mean about meal time chaos. It looks like a bomb went off in our kitchen after every meal. I rarely have the energy to tackle it before the next meal. Loved it! Thanks so much for participating.

    ReplyDelete